What happens when an organization incorporates compassion throughout its policies, procedures, and culture? What is the impact on all stakeholders in an organization when human needs for care, consideration, and connection and are considered alongside business and impact outcomes? Research, and practice, show that the needs of people and the needs of organizations are not mutually […]
Achieving economic mobility has long been out of reach for millions of Americans. The COVID-19 crisis exacerbated these inequities and the growing recognition of injustice toward Black Americans and people of color have brought these issues to the forefront of our national dialogue. This session will discuss how to rebuild our economy and society to achieve economic advancement and a more equitable society for all. In particular it will examine how our education and workforce systems can be reformed or fundamentally reimagined to drive this change.
- Maria Flynn, President and CEO, JFF (moderator)
- Natalie Foster, Co-Chair, Economic Security Project (panelist)
- Ruben Harris, CEO, Career Karma (panelist)
- Parag Mehta, Executive Director and Senior VP, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth (panelist)
- Sarita Gupta, Director, Future of Work(ers), Ford Foundation