What happens when an organization incorporates compassion throughout its policies, procedures, and culture? What is the impact on all stakeholders in an organization when human needs for care, consideration, and connection and are considered alongside business and impact outcomes? Research, and practice, show that the needs of people and the needs of organizations are not mutually […]
2020 is the Year of Unlearning. The COVID-19 pandemic brought devastation to millions around the world, and has shown us the precarity of our current economic systems. The nature of work has changed dramatically and we will never return to a pre-covid state. We need new approaches to business and 2020 offers us a unprecedented opportunity to intentionally create new ways of working and for impact-driven organizations to lead the way in shaping the the future of work and business.
We can’t expect to create new ways of working and models based on old ways of thinking. This interactive workshop will explore what we need to unlearn to be able to build back better and create companies that are equitable, inclusive and provide benefit for all. Participants will learn about mental models and how to use unlearning to create innovative new business models, examples of unlearning that have created new markets, products and services that better serve communities, how they can make unlearning part of their everyday practice and, how they can help their companies become “unlearning” organizations.
Maya Mehta, https://www.linkedin.com/in/maya-mehta-2019/
- Global Fellow, League of Intrapreneurs
Marjorie Brans, https://www.linkedin.com/in/marjorie-brans-2688b2/
- Director of Impact, School for Social Entrepreneurs Canada
- Global Team, League of Intrapreneurs
- Build Back Better: What do we need to unlearn in the private sector?
- Build Back Better: What do charities need to unlearn?
- Unlearning Series (2020 series is currently being developed)
- 2020 Is the Year of Unlearning
- Unlearning in the 21st century economy: lessons from a Vietnamese spring roll
- Unlearning for transformational change - example of workshop we've given to schools, government, and private and non-profit companies
- B.R.A.V.E.(R) through Unlearning